Thursday, February 11, 2010

Portraits

Here we are, on the cusp of one and three. I just can't believe it. This is what one looks like...

I've never been one for those staged portraits, but I do like the idea of commemorating an important milestone, like a birthday, with a photograph. I really love candid shots of the kids. I think you get a glimpse of their personalities so much more when you catch them in their element, doing the things they do. This is three...



Three is thoughtful and self-reliant. Solo play. Frustration. Non-stop talking. Imagination. Opinions. Friendships.

One is a wild ride. Mobile. Chattering. Learning to play. Giggles. Falling down. Getting up. Falling again.

Speaking of wild rides, the tricycle is still a favorite.

Jack's preschool class exchanged valentines. Brent and I realized that we are entering a whole new phase of the parenting experience with this as we sat together at the kitchen table cutting cardstock and converting Jack's artwork into suitable valentines. I hope his friends like them.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I can't believe that Sawyer is almost 1. He was just a few weeks old when we moved. And I miss our old street, every time I see a picture of it on here it reminds me of all the walks we did around that loop, sometimes multiple times in one day! good times...

    ReplyDelete