Sunday, January 31, 2010

Homemade Donuts, Bounce, Wishful Sewing

More donuts! We just can't get enough. Except these ones are from our own kitchen and they are baked, not fried. Just imagine how excited I was to find this recipe featured in the Register Guard this week. They look delicious, don't they?

Don't be fooled. These "donuts" are essentially chocolate rocks. I was so very disappointed. The recipe even says "And once you slather them with a chocolate glaze, you'll never know you skipped the frying." Bullshit. I'm going back to Holy Donuts for all of my future fried dough needs!

And I had been on such a recipe roll, too. I recently made this amazing (slightly weird, but very tasty) Butternut Squash Apple Soup and baked up a crazy good batch of these Double Chocolate Cookies with a group of seventh graders. I served the soup with homemade dinner rolls and poor Jack somehow misheard me and thought we were having cinnamon rolls with dinner. He was quite disappointed.

A rainy Saturday morning was spent at Bounce Gymnastics.




Now if only I could find the time to sew these pajamas already! I've been on a quest for the perfect pajama pattern and this just might be THE ONE. I just want a pattern that makes sense, has manageable instructions for the collar, and fits the proportions of a reasonably sized child. Fingers are crossed this time. I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment