Saturday, January 9, 2010

On the Move

I think sometimes we obsess (and maybe even brag) a bit too much about the eating and sleeping habits of our children. When I talk to other parents it often seems that we equate good eating and sleeping with good parenting.

One of my friends from work, who has three grown boys, once remarked, "I don't understand all this talk about babies sleeping through the night- my babies never did!" I found her honesty refreshing.

My experience has shown that sometimes your kids eat well and sometimes you are up all night and you just do the best you can with whichever scenario you are living in the moment. But still, I have to say that it is really, really fun to have a child who delights in every morsel of food put in front of him. Also, meal time is one of the few times of the day when Sawyer holds (relatively) still. Now let's just teach him some table manners already.



Since I am waxing philosophical about parenting- let's talk about strollers. I truly believe that it is worth every penny to buy your dream stroller, even if it costs as much (or more!) than your first car. We have put many, many miles on our double BOB and it gets used more than the car during the summertime. Also, the boys looks so sweet sitting next to each other, don't they? The stroller practically pushes itself while you are on flat ground, but once you hit the hills- watch out! Let's not forget that there's still 50 pounds of kid in this thing. Last weekend I was overtaken on the hills near our house by a rickety old lady walking an equally rickety old dog.




Sometimes the things around the playground are just as interesting as the swings and slides.



But the tire swing is still a novelty.




Jack is always willing and eager to do a lap around the track. This causes great amusement for the actual runners. Go Jack go!

No comments:

Post a Comment